Permanent Housing by BOLM
Realizing opportunities for Permanent Housing was needed by our clients and many in the Greater Augusta community, Bread of Life Ministries expanded in 2005 into the ministry of offering housing for people with minimum income and those with great need. Starting with units for singles, Connolly Green on State St. was acquired and renovated offering 9 units of housing.
In January 2007, the Lawrence House was purchased and refurbished, offering 23 units of housing. By the fall of 2007, another 30 units of housing was acquired and renovated by Bread of Life Ministries and is now known as Westman Village due to the generosity of Ms. Elsie Westman who remembered Bread of Life Ministries in her will.
The most recent venture into housing is the Cony Village Veteran’s Project. Bread of Life has committed to building up to 20 very affordable new homes in this new neighborhood (the first in over 30 years in Augusta) for veterans and disabled veterans. Please contact Jeff Woolston, Cony Village Project Coordinator, phone 624-2971, email: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Lawrence House: Lawrence House is a lodging facility with weekly/monthly rentals. There are 23 rooms (1-1 bedroom unit) (8 efficiencies) (3 w/bathroom only) (11 single rooms). Lodging fees must be paid in advance. All utilities are included. There is no alcohol permitted on the premises. Current lodging fees range from $106-125/per week.
- State Street: This is Permanent Supportive Housing. There are nine efficiency units (SRO – Single Room Occupancy). A security deposit is required. Heat and hot water is included and tenants pay their own electricity. All nine units have project-based vouchers. All applicants must be verified as homeless.
- Westman Village: There are (23) 2 bedroom market rent units and (2) 3 bedroom handicap accessible units. A security deposit is required. There are 5 project-based units, which means applicants must be homeless and disabled or have a dependent child that is disabled. A security deposit is required. Heat and hot water is included and tenants pay their own electricity. Vouchers accepted are BRAP, STEP or Housing Choice/Section 8 and Shelter+Care. Income is restricted to 60% annual median income per current HUD Income Eligibility Guidelines.
- 157 & 159 Water Street: There are three, 2 bedroom units. A security deposit is required. Heat is included. Tenant pays their own electricity and hot water.
- For other Permanent Housing assistance, please contact Heather Lea at (207) 626-3434 or email her at email@example.com.
For general questions about this service, please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or call (207) 626-3434. Thank you.